About Austin Youth Basketball
AYB is a non-profit organization devoted to the promotion of basketball for girls and boys in grades 4th-8th and attend the Austin School District. All board members and coaches are volunteers.
The AYB program will teach basic fundamentals, improve player skills and promote sportsmanship while attaining a competitive and safe level of play.
AYB places emphasis on competition as it is the feeder program for the High School teams. The program is competitive, so keep in mind that equal playing time is not guaranteed.
AYB Competition Philosophy & Player Expectations
- Players will practice together for 3-4 practices and then be split into even teams
- There will be no A or B designations an no players will be cut
- Teams will be set after 3-4 practices in A&B team designations based on skill level & coach recommendations
- Not everyone is guaranteed a spot on the roster; registration fees will be refunded for players not assigned to a team
Expectations of AYB Players
- Great attitude and work ethic
- Always respect all coaches, parents and officials
- Attendance at all practices & games [unless communicated to coach]
- Represent AYB and our town of Austin respectfully when practicing in the schools and travelling to tournaments
- Maintain in good standing with school system [grades/behavior]
- Intend to attend Austin High School
Volunteering is vital for a successful, affordable youth program. Parents will be asked to volunteer in various ways throughout the season and during our home tournaments.